artemis.of.the.moon
artemis.of.... , Student asks:
Q:

How can I cope with college-induced stress and side effects?

I'm in my freshman year of college, currently in my first semester, and I'm having major stress issues. I suffer from bipolar disorder and ADHD, which both play a major role in my mental stability. It's not like I'm unstable though. I'm understanding the material in my classes, and I'm keeping up, but I feel like crying and yanking my hair out by the time I'm in my third class.

I barely have time to eat during the day, usually end up skipping breakfast, and sometimes I don't even eat dinner. If I'm lucky, I can snag some food after the third class, which happens to be my longest, since it's an express class. But that food is usually from either Wendy's or McDonald's, since they're so close to campus. It's not healthy, the way my eating habits have become, being disrupted so abruptly from a regular eating schedule, one that I have been following since elementary school, if not earlier. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner were all around the same time for me for my whole life, until now.

I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to keep up with college life, and not being able to eat better and at regular intervals because of my screwy schedule, that got messed up because of a scholarship I was so lucky to receive... Lucky that I don't have to pay for school, but very unlucky because my physical and mental health are slowly deteriorating. (Or at least it feels that way.)

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with this stress and unintentional eating disorder that I've developed?
In Topics: Getting ready for college, Anxiety, Children and stress

|

idesantiago1004
idesantiago... writes:
Hey, it's your first semester. It's always the toughest because you have to transition to a different routine. You'll get better about it though trust me. I do recommend that you make a lunch (plus it saves you from buying fast food) and at least make a breakfast to go (or wake up a little earlier to make time for breakfast), and pack some snacks (maybe a few crackers and or an apple to eat between your classes). That way you don't pass out from not eating! Best wishes!

0
0
Anonymous