Kaiser511
Kaiser511 asks:
Q:

I just can't cope......

I just started my first year of high school but before I continue my dad when he was a kid was a genius someone who didn't need to study in the slightest and was constantly at the top he finished law school and became a lawyer. He has incredibly high expectations from me. He knows I'm terrible at math yet he forced me into academic math because he believe I can become like him and go to university, but I have some problems I have short term memory loss which my dad somehow doesn't believe I have I have been in depression for 4 years and haven't sought help because my dad thought it wasn't necessary and I have been suppressing emotions for 2 years also I am a much better hands on learner and university is all books. I really want to live up to his expectation because if I don't I will be the first ever person in my family to not go to university it's just too much. My eng teacher doesn't except my work because she thinks my writing is "attrosious" my science teacher think that grade 9 academic is too easy for him to teach us what he wants and it's the beginning of the school year and I'm barely going to pass in math it's just too much.
In Topics: Teen issues

|

It sounds like you are doing your best. Adjusting to high school is stressful and when you have constant pressure to do better it can be overwhelming.

Do your parents have any idea of how you feel and how much pressure you are under? Have you tried to talk to them? If you feel they won't listen, then ask your school counselor or school social worker to meet with them. Or, talk to another trusted adult such as a pastor or another family member who could be your advocate and help your parents understand how you feel.

If you would like to speak with one of our counselors, please call or e-mail our Hotline. We also have a website for teens which is listed below. We would love to hear from you again and hear how you are doing!

Take care and best wishes to you!

Chris, Counselor

0
0

Saburt1
Saburt1 writes:
Go talk to your school counselor.  Also try Khan academy for help in math.  It is a free online program.  https://www.khanacademy.org/

0
0