motherbear
motherbear asks:
Q:

How dangerous is a Teen who has a Imaginary friend and hears voices telling him to hurt people?

I have a 15 year old who has lost both his parents within a 1 year time frame. We found out he was hearing voices telling him to kill certain people (generally those he felt where angry or upset with him or those trying to punish him for his missbehaving) after starting medication I found that the medication took away these voices for the most part but he also had a imaginary friend which I didn't know about who he seems to have had for a while and the medication took him away as well which leads my teen to want to get off the medication because he misses his friend. I realized he had stopped taking his medication when he became withdrawn and started speaking of the voices again. I have convinced him to go back on the medicine but I know It Is only a matter of time before he will be a adult and choose not to. He dosnt speak to his psychologist about any of It. He hides it all from everyone even me. Only by paying absolute attention do I see. What do I do? No one knows of his imaginary friend. I worry about him. He is a wonderful boy who has a reason to be a little lost. I don't want him getting so lost I can't pull him back.
In Topics: Children and stress, Disaster preparedness

|
Anonymous