Annikamom
Annikamom asks:
Q:

What can we do to stop our 10 year old daughter from stealing and lying?

My daughter is 10 and steals food when she does not need to, lies about it, gets in trouble and says it will never happen again, but it doesn't help! She will hide stuff in her room and lie about it, she takes things from others and lies about it. She does not know why she does it, she just does it. We have taken stuff away we have put her to work, we have grounded her nothing is working.  What can we do to stop this?
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

Allyn Anderson

You are right to be concerned. I've attached a few web sites for you to review about lying and stealing. But, if I were you, I would also try to talk with your child's school counselor to see if she/he could shed some light on your concern from a school perspective.

I hope these cites will be helpful to you.
0
0

Hi, Adding to the Expert answer you received...

This is a common challenge that we hear about in JustAsk. Here are questions from other parents dealing with similar issues, and the advice (and resource suggestions) they received: http://www.education.com/answers/search/?searchTerms=stealing

All the best to you as you continue to take steps to address this issue with your daughter. Thank you for asking!

0
0