Anonymous
Q:

my daughter is 12 & interested in becoming a fashion designer -what can she start with to is what it takes to become a designer?

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/e-learning/
In Topics: Jobs/Careers

|
elainasterling
elainasterl... writes:
She must join training programs which are held under professional fashion designers.

0
0
sandracarter563
sandracarte... writes:
You have to keep in mind it takes years and years.
Get you earlier to the fashion trade for example clothing, it’s a superior way to know how fashion stores select their outfits. You have to know that how to picking out the latest fashion trends.
There are many opportunities in fashion designing and you would be at the spirit of your dream.

0
0
linkinpark
linkinpark writes:
Fashion is an ever growing interest of life. People make clothes not only for comfort, but also for glamour.
To become a good designer, one should have good imagination. For this purpose there are many softwares available in the market, which helps you in understanding the basics.
Your daughter should try any one of them.

0
0
Lisa18967
Lisa18967 writes:
Young girls love fashion. They love Project Runway. They love expressing themselves through what they wear. And they want to be fashion designers. It’s the No. 1 dream job for girls ages 8 to 12, according to The New York Times. Here in one kit is everything a girl needs to know to start designing and sewing clothes—a lively, full-color book that comes with a doll-size dress form, 24 reusable patterns, rick rack, embroidery thread, a tape measure, and a piece of fabric printed in three vibrant patterns.
I brought this for my 9 year old niece who lives in another state. I of course had to read it first and was so pleased with this book. I am thinking about buying another one for my collection so if she has any questions I can pull out my book as reference. Page 28 shoes how to make a dress, skirt, and purse out of a sock. It is so good I think it deserve a special place in my lib
-NOT because I want to learn to sew, that is perfectly normal. BUT I bought this kit for myself rather than an 8-12 year old. What I like about it is it is very clear, very concise, yet has a lot of really good information. One of my favorite pages is the one that describes the different types of fabric and what they feel and look like when worn. It even has a page that tells you how to make your own felted wool. I mean seriously? Plus I think I could easily use the small patterns for the dolls and mathematically enlarge them to be big enough for me. And its a much less expensive dress form than the one I want for $80

0
0