traci.simmons
traci.simmons asks:
Q:

My daughter is 14. Monday at Bay Port High in WI, an 18 year old peer attacked her and broke her nose. Any way to ensure 18yr old gets kicked out?

The principal is allowing attacker to return after 1 week. Attacker was put in cuffs, charged as adult, taken to jail, and official charge is disorderly conduct and physical abuse to a child, which is a felony. The attacker has been a trouble maker all through school, that came from principal. I've called the DA, which has taken the case over. I've called the school officer, assistant principal, principal, and the superintendent of education. The best I got from the principal is that he would try to get the attacker expelled. My daughter has to go to school tomorrow (which is day attacker to return) with 2 black eyes and a broken nose, not to mention the emotional trauma she will be going through. What do I do? The attacker should not be allowed to return! I don't understand why there is a problem? Please help.
In Topics: School safety (not bullying), Bullying and teasing

|
skye872
skye872 writes:
I do not have the answer for you on this issue but I am so sorry for you and your daughter that she has to endure this. I too was a victim of a crime by two peer students back in high school. The school I attended offered only one solution, they could send ME (not my attackers) to an alternative school for emotional/behavioral challenged students! I do hope for your daughter's sake that the school and DA can get it together and do something better than simply allow this type of behavior to go unpunished.

1
1
rmknig
rmknig writes:
I'm so sorry for the ordeal that you and your daughter are facing. Frankly I would be outside the school gates protesting with every mother in the area stopping his thug from entering the building. The law should be there to protect people from thugs like that and it doesn't appear to be happening.

1
1
rmknig
rmknig writes:
To qualify my earlier answer, that'st he action I would take in my home country of Wales, not sure it's the appropriate thing to do in USA. Saying that we just don't get that kind of violence where I used to live.

1
0
Sivasubramanyam1016
Sivasubrama... writes:
Please put up an application to government authorities. Commercialized schools are taking very easy. No discipline is maintained, idiots must be dismissed or given stern punishment. The offensive attitude is increase. You must bell the cat to avoid such criminal activities.

1
0
johnson300
johnson300 writes:
Make sure you know whom your "14" daughter is sleeping with because she slept with the attackers boyfriend in was bragging about it to others seems as if they both need too grow up in focuse on school verses having sex in sleeping around in this situation wouldn't of occur . But the attacker is an adult in I am sure you can place a restrain order on her or sue her in her family for your daughters pain in suffering. Good luck too you ....

0
0