xena2005
xena2005 asks:
Q:

My daughter is 2 and 1/2 years old, is it too early to put her in preschool?

my daughter is 2 and 1/2 years old is it too early to put her in preschool?
In Topics: Preschool

|
SarahRubar
SarahRubar writes:
I would think that is a little too young to send your child to preschool. Then again, I'm not an expert, but gosh that does seem rather young for preschool. A lot of preschools do have three and four year olds, and have smaller classes, but most parents wait until their kids are four years old, I believe. Do you want your child in school that early for a reason?

0
0
Danielle B
Danielle B writes:
Xena - here in Seattle we have several excellent preschools that start as early as 2 1/2. My son's only 1 1/2 but have enrolled him for this winter when he's 2 (Bright Horizons) and my niece who's 2 loves her preschool (2 days per week) in Sacramento (Waldorf School).  If you're looking for preschool and information, you should check out www.globalscholar.com/preschoolfinder - they list preschools in most cities.

0
0
TracyClif
TracyClif writes:
I say not at all to early, depending upon where...I would especially suggest looking into a Montessori school, they have programs starting at this age. In a good Montessori program you should see multi-age classrooms, child-size furniture, all materials carefully arranged on shelves, children working with other children in an organized and respectful way, and the teacher should be guiding and engaging students with the materials but not directing them except in small groups. I sent my 2 older kids to such a school and they benefitted greatly academically and socially.  My youngest was at a Montessori that was not as good (I didn't realize at the time they could be so different) and although it was fine, she did not benefit to the great extent my older 2 did.  Check into Montessori.

0
0