icn2
icn2 asks:
Q:

My daughter is 9, and she got a present from a boy in her class. It's a pair of earrings. Is it appropriate? They do have an innocent crush going on.

I know that they are sweet on each other, but they are both very shy, so there is not much interaction going on. Today she came home with a pair of earrings, clearly gift wrapped. He gave the gift to my daughter's BFF to give it to her :). I don't have anything against an innocent crush and them being friends (not boyfriend and girlfriend), but I think that this oversteps the boundaries...He gave her a bag of Hershey's Kisses before, which I thought was kind of cute, but earrings??? I think it's a belated Christmas gift, but I also think it's too much. Any advice? Thanks!
In Topics: Friendships and peer relationships

|