Faithglo
Faithglo asks:
Q:

How do I help my daughter get over her first boyfriend that broke up with her? It's been over a month.

My daughter's first boyfriend just broke up with her 2 weeks before Christmas. They had been together over 6 months after meeting 1 1/2 years ago. It was a long distance relationship: He lives in a remote Canadian town about 21 hours away. They have seen each other 3 times and would skype and text almost daily in between. She stills checks on him online even though they are not communicating at the time and he still has pictures of them together on his facebook and twitter. She is not interested in moving on. The breakup happened just 2 weeks after their last visit and everyone was shocked. It appears that his parents suggested it since he is going to college in the fall. They are both Christians and are not 'casual daters'. I do not know if I should pursue  counseling.
In Topics: Teen sexuality and dating

|

We don't know their ages which could be important to your question.  Who would be going to counseling? you or your daughter.  Sometimes young people have "magical thinking" which means if I ignore it, it isn't real.  Maybe she thinks he will return if she keeps up a cyber relationship. Support her and remind her that her family understands her hurt, but encourage her to seek friends and other activities that will not lead back to a boyfriend who has had a change of heart.

0
0