madmommy34
madmommy34 asks:
Q:

My daughter was been being bullied and finally fought back

My 14 year old daughter is a good student and has never been in any trouble..a girl she use to be friends,with has been bullying her on and off all year to the point she has came home crying several times and the school wasent taking care of it..well last week she couldn't take it anymore,and beat the girl up and got suspended and now her parents,are pressing charges..can my daughter get in a bunch of trouble? And can I press charges for their,daughter harassing mine?

|

We are so sorry to hear that the situation had gotten to this point.  We hope that everyone is okay physically.  You ask very good questions and we think it would be a good idea to make sure you have everything that has happened, dates and who you talked with, outcome of conversations included, written down. This documentation will help your family in dealing with the situation.  
As for pressing charges we would suggest that you talk with a lawyer to help you make that decision. They will let you know if you have a case or not.  
Our counselors are available to talk with and if you are looking for any referrals for legal aid, we can try to locate information for you.  
Boys Town Counselor

0
0