nikitamelissa asks:

My daughter has been bullied for years the school have not been as helpful as wanted her friends have now alienated her we are looking for a new schol

Can a school place be fasttracked as she is15
Question asked after reading:
In Topics: School and Academics
> 60 days ago



Apr 21, 2013
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

I am so sorry to hear the negative impact bullying has made on your daughter as well as the rest of your family. I would strongly urge you to seek counseling for your daughter.

At this time your decision to move her to another school seems necessary, although my concern is that she needs to learn to be assertive (not aggressive) in dealing with bullies. Find out what the policies and procedures for bullying in the school. Students who are bullied first need to tell the person to stop harassing them. If the bullying continues, they need to seek the assistance of a counselor, teacher, or administrator. Put the complaint in writing.

Parents should let the school administrator and board officials know about your concerns for your daughter's safety and well-being. Every child has a right to a SAFE environment that has zero tolerance for bullying.

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely