geeznotadeer
geeznotadeer asks:
Q:

What are my daughter's chances of getting into a top American University?

She is an international student taking the A level examinations this november till december, but would like to apply to an american university. However as of now does not have enough time to prepare her Common app or complete admission procedures for many colleges by the January 1st deadline due to the A level examinations. Would it then be advisable to take a gap year to better prepare and apply for college next year instead for the fall 2012 intake?
In Topics: Getting ready for college

|
Hi geeznotadeer,

Kudos to you for being so involved in your daughter's education! Since I don't know her particular grades or test scores, or which universities she's applying to, I can't make an accurate guess as to her chances of getting in. However, I can say that if she's unable to complete her application by the January 1 deadline, she may be out of luck for many schools. Many American colleges will not accept applications after the stated deadline, except in very rare circumstances.

Another option she may want to consider is applying to a college in the area, and then completing a study abroad program at an American university. Many schools will accept foreign studies and allow them to study at their school for a year or more.

Should your child decide to take a "gap year," she may be looking for some ideas for how to spend her time. Below, I'm including a link to an article about 11 amazing ways to spend a year off - many of them taking place on American soil! It could be a good way to get her integrated into American culture and norms before starting college there.

Good luck to your daughter!

Alex

0
0
HeatherPeterson124
HeatherPete... writes:
Aside from traditional schools, you could also opt for online schools like the devry university online. They do not only offer quality education but they also make sure that you manage your time.

0
0