Worriedmom68
Worriedmom68 asks:
Q:

Daughter had her heart broken by online romance

I have a 19 year old daughter who was in an online relationships that recently ended. She was in another one when she was 17 and that led her being heartbroken too. I took away her laptop and internet communication for a while after that but 2 years later learnt she was still into this. Now my daughter was pretending to be another girl online. I always found out it had a sexual aspect(involving webcams) and it makes me feel disgusted. In april she came crying saying that her online boyfriend wanted to go the navy and i was shocked since i thought she was out of it. I spoke to her very understandingly and explained to her the dangers of such a relationship besides the part where he could be a psycho. They both live on opposite sides of the world and this guy lets her undress from him and it scares me so much. She promised shed cut contact, was very low, cried all day. I didnt tell my husband because it would stress him out too much. Four months later she comes crying saying that he dumped her for someone else and now im so mad because how can she make the same mistake again and again. Im so worried she'll go back into it even if i cut the internet connection. Why is she so addicted to this online life. Also she told me she told this guy who she really is and somehow thats even scarier.
In Topics: Teen sexuality and dating

|

genermcmillan
genermcmillan writes:
It is better to show the harmful side and good side of internet, with good advice and technique. Don't shout , make a good advice and show how to utilize the internet efficiently.

0
0