NJconcernedmom
NJconcerned... asks:
Q:

My daughter is immune-supressed.  She will get swine-flu vaccine tomorrow.  Should I keep her out of school until vaccine takes full effect?

Member Added on Oct 28, 2009
She is healthy right now and really wants to go to school.  I do not currently know of cases in her school, but her best friend's brother is home with fever.  She is immune-suppressed from liver transplant in the spring.  Her WBC and ANC are within normal limits, but she still takes several anti-rejection medications.
In Topics: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)

|

That is an important question for your daughter which your pediatrician should answer for you.  Assuming that she receives the injection or killed vaccine, it will take up to two weeks for immune competent people to develop a response. If she was in school before, there would be no reason to change; however, your immunologist and or pediatrician would be the best person to answer that question.

1
0