Anonymous
Q:

My daughter got jumped by three girls in school, during lunchtime inside the school,one of the girls told her she was going to kill her,help please.

my daugter was hit by three girls during lunchtime,this all happened in school grounds while the nuenaids are watching them so they don't get into any tipe of trouble,yet my daughter gets beaten up and no one saw it happened.

|

Thank you for reaching out to Education.com!

We are sorry to hear that this is happening to your daughter. The fact that this is happening at school means that you need to make the school aware of the situation. You don't mention the age or grade of your daughter, but most schools have a school counselor. If the school counselor does not provide support and tell you that they are going to confront the kids involved, then you will need to speak with the principal. The earlier this type of behavior is confronted and stopped, the better.

Encourage your daughter to stand up for herself. Practice a scenario with her and teach her to look the kids in the eyes and tell them to leave her alone. Suggest that she avoid these kids but also to not back down if they hassle her again. She should not feel afraid to attend school and the school has a responsibility to discipline their students who harass and bully others.

If you would like to speak with a counselor about this or any other issue, please call our toll-free hotline or e-mail us at: hotline@boystown.org
You may also give your daughter our number and website for teens and tweens: www.yourlifeyourvoice.org
We talk to kids in situations like this every day.

Take care and best wishes to you and your daughter!

1-800-448-3000
1
2

I'm so sorry that this happened. Please call or visit the school administrators at your daughter's school as soon as possible. It's important that teachers and principals are informed of these girls' actions, so that they can take the necessary actions to make sure this doesn't happen again, and that the necessary actions are taken.

I also suggest you take precautions to make sure your daughter is okay. She should definitely visit a school counselor, so that a professional can make an assessment.

Good luck.

1
1
badass1
badass1 writes:
you should take her out of school for the time being call the parents of the girls and school and tell parents anymore bullying will lead to there daughters getting expelled also if it continues to happen report the incident to police who can take other measures to keep ur daughter safe:)

1
0
CDG8908
CDG8908 writes:
I am sorry this is happening to your daughter. I was in high school almost 5 years ago and was also hit(punched in the face). Three months before(I was hit) I had been bullied verbally and physically. It was usually only two girls but they made fun of the way I looked, they would yell nasty things in my direction and eventually one of them hit me.
The entire time they did this I was telling my mom and the school principal, yet it kept happening.
My best advice is to be very open with you daughter and let her know that you are concerned and do care. If your daughter is being bullied by this group of girls, then this group is more than likely bullying other children, maybe find out who and talk to thier parents-then you all come up with a plan.
I have seen alot in the media were children of all ages are being affected by school bullying and even commiting sucide.
Here is what is confusing to me
-other students are aware that it happens-
-teachers and other employees of the school knows that bullying happens-
-when a child is bullied there are signs or they even let someone know-
--but children are commiting sucide.
I think it is necessary for zero tolerance in schools if a child even threatens another child they are out! I was harrassed and punched and the girl got a break of three days away from school!

1
0
Haltnow
Haltnow writes:
Support her, listen to her and love her.  Tell her it is not her fault.

Bullying can have long-term physical and psychological consequences. Bullying makes children feel lonely, upset, unhappy and frightened. It can make them feel unsafe and think there must be something wrong with them. Children can lose confidence and may not want to go to school anymore. They may feel withdrawn from family and school activities, wanting to be left alone. Victims of bullying typically are very unhappy children who suffer from fear, anxiety, and low self-esteem as a result of the bullying. They may try to avoid school, and to avoid social interaction, in an effort to escape the bullying. Some victims of bullying are so distressed that they commit, or attempt to commit suicide. It may even make them sick.

http://www.haltnow.ca/bullying/40-schoolyard-childhood/86-signs-and-consequences-of-bullying.html

0
0