sadmom
sadmom asks:
Q:

My daughter from kindergarten missed days of school, when I took her back they told me she can't attend anymore, what can I do?

I am struggling with major depression disorder due to my son's death in 2009, I got separated in 2010, I have told the teacher and the principal of all that was going on in my family, now i got disability and I didn't take my daughter to school so i can be with her,but she was also sick and took her to the Dr., I felt worse after she got kicked out of school, i didn't know how to explain to her that she can't go back, i can't stop thinking I'm a bad mother, I want to look for a school that specialises in children with personality disorder
In Topics: My Relationship with my child's school, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

First of all we are very sorry for the loss of your son. It is not easy to go through the grieving process and stay focused on your needs and the needs of your other children.  It is true that the best thing for your daughter would have been to have kept her in school so her life could have stayed structured and as normal as possible. However, you made a different choice at the time and beating yourself up about it is not going to make things better. Rather, learn from your mistakes and experiences, and next time you are faced with the choice to keep your daughter in school or pull her out, you will know to do things differently.

It is unclear why you would want to look for a school that specializes in children with personality disorders. Did a professional diagnose your daughter with a personality disorder? It is concerning that such a young child would be diagnosed with this disorder before they would consider other possibilities.

Please talk to your school administrator about what you can do to get her back into the classroom as soon as possible. It may be that there is waiting period before you can re-enroll her, but you need to be fully informed about your options. The positive thing is that she is only in Kindergarten. Kindergarten is not mandatory so it is not against the law to keep her at home until she is in the first grade. If that is the case, then do your best to start off her first grade positively and with a good attendance record.

You can call our Hotline anytime to speak with a counselor about this or any other parenting issue. We can be reached on our toll-free number, 24 hours, 7 days a week. You may also like our website for parents: www.parenting.org From our website you can e-mail a counselor.

Thanks again for reaching out and for contacting Education.com. We wish you and your daughter all the best.

Cynthia, Counselor
1-800-448-3000
hotline@boystown.org

1
0

jimnaval
jimnaval writes:
ask the principal for the states phone # the one the gives them money to stay open.  if there is a medical reason it would be ok to return to school. also your son is gone and you have one more to attend to.   so due that on your time not on the kids time.  you are not a bad mother just does not know how to priorities.

1
0