animar97
animar97 asks:
Q:

My daughter had ALL (leukemia), she is in remission now. Should she get the H1N1 vaccine?

In Topics: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)

|
NJconcernedmom
NJconcerned... writes:
I think she should probably get the killed vaccine (the injection, not the nasal spray).  Check with her doctor, of course.  But god forbid her leukemia reoccurs, I think it would be important for her to be protected.

0
0
Louiseasl , Child Professional writes:
Hello!

I have talked to several medical personnel recently about the H1N1 vaccine. All have recommended that a child who has a medical condition should be the first to discuss with their physician if they are a candidate for the H1N1 vaccine. Most children will be advised to receive the vaccine if in their early twenties and younger.  However, there may be a small population of children who would not be able to receive this vaccination.  Please talk to your child's physician and oncologist, if need be.

Best of luck!

Nationally Certified School Psycholgist
Owner of Signing Families
http://www.SigningFamilies.com

0
0