Ashfaque75
Ashfaque75 asks:
Q:

My daughter is not studying and not paying attention in School

My daughter is not studying and not paying attention, Her teacher is com plating abt her that she is disturbing other students, Her writing is unable to read, She does not pay attention in class, She loves to see TV, and play and waste the time all the time here teacher shouts at here and complaints to me and my wife, where else my wife is teacher in school. so what should i do.
In Topics: School and Academics, ADHD & attention issues, Anxiety

|

Time to check with your pediatrician to rule out medical reasons for this behavior such as Attention Deficit Disorder or some other behavioral syndrome.  Start at home by enforcing rules about TV and play with time limits and sit with her and read to encourage studying.  Talk also with her teachers to see whether she is appropriately matched in grade level.

Best wishes for success.

0
0

TeacherandParent
TeacherandP... writes:
How old is your daughter? Is this the first year that her teacher has said she is not paying any attention in school?
And how many children in your daughter's class? A teacher should not shout at any child unless something very dangerous is happening but teachers in classrooms with 25+ students have too many students and patience can run short.
Lots of people like to watch tv - there's nothing really wrong with that. And lots of people including me have bad handwriting. There are certain thick-barreled pencils or 'grippers' that can be put on pencils that can help a child's handwriting to be better and easier to read. Try a thick-barreled pencil or a 'gripper' on her pencil.
Your daughter's seat in school should certainly be away from lively kids and maybe her seat needs to be near the teacher's desk. Someone should sit down with her as well and ask her how she feels about school and explain how hard it is to go through school if we disturb other students - it makes teachers mighty mad.
Some children need a 'fidget' - something to hold in their hand that helps them to hold still and focus. It can be an eraser or a squeeze ball - ask the teacher. Children hold the squeeze ball and all their energy can go into squeezing the ball and that helps them to be able to sit still and focus.

0
0
Anonymous