Nathan
Nathan asks:
Q:

My daughter has suddenly decided that she doesn't like the daughter of a family we're close friends with. Suggestions?

My wife and I are very close with another couple and we both have daughters in middle school approximately the same age. My daughter recently decided that she does not like the daughter of our friends. She has no interest in going on group vacations or hanging out together. I have tried talking to her on many occasions, but she just won't budge! Any suggestions?
In Topics: Friendships and peer relationships

|
JSorrentino
JSorrentino writes:
This sounds like a great question for our resident child psychologist Lisa Medoff to address in her weekly column. I will contact her with your question, so stay tuned to the daily column every Monday entitled "Ask the Child Psychologist."

0
0
trideltmom
trideltmom writes:
 Have you asked your daughter WHY she doesn't want to be around the other child any more? Perhaps there is a reason she is distancing herself from this girl, and it may be a good reason.
 On the other hand, it could be that your daughter is growing in a different direction herself, and the other girl does not fit in with the new crowd she is chosing to be a part of.

0
0