motherhen
motherhen asks:
Q:

My daughter is being threatened, not just bullied at school and at the bus.

My daughter is being threatend by a girl at school. THe girls has told her she is going to knife her. The bully has also told my older daughter that she is going to take a knife to her sister. She also choked my older daughter at school with witnesses. The girl has brought the knife to school and showed it off. When I reported it to the school and police they took a report but only suspended her for 9 days because she was drunk at school on the day I came in. Not for the bullying, assault and weapon. She is in 7th grade. How can I keep my daughter safe to and from the bus and at school?
In Topics: Public School, Bullying and teasing

|

I'm sorry to hear about your daughters being bullied.  From what you are saying, I believe you have to press charges against the girl as well as the school.  This might be the only way  to get everyone's attention.  If you don't have money for a lawyer, contact legal aide or district attorney as they might take on the case for free.  If anything they can give you information on which way to go.  If they won't, contacting social services might be an option.  They have to investigate the girl's family to see if there is any endangerment to the child.

I wouldn't let it go.  Set up a meeting with the school.  Ask them lots of questions like:
What is the school district's anti-bullying policy?
How are you going to assure my daughter's safety?
Who is the contact person at the school for my daughter to go to in order to report and incident?

I agree with elliema that contacting the media might bring light to the situation.

In the meantime, document everything.  Keep a journal of dates, times, the incident, people you talked to and the outcome.  Stick to the facts and try not to get too emotional (which is very hard).  

Keep talking to your daughters.  It is important that they know that you are trying to help keep them safe.  Talk to them to see if they are doing or saying anything that might trigger the attacks for this girl.  Discuss what to do or not do when they see her.  Education.com has great resources available on this topic. http://www.education.com/topic/school-bullying-teasing/

Good luck.  
Barb K
www.LessonPop.com

2
0

elliema246
elliema246 writes:
Go national with your problem. Go to the local news station and demand help, use all your resources. Go to the girls parents and beg them to discipline their (a criminal in the making) daughter.

The father who got on his daughter's bus to demand justice may or may not have been wrong, but the legal system sucks when it comes to bullies in the school. Like domestic violence years ago, it not a big deal until something terrible happens and is in the news. Good luck and please keep me informed.

1
0
kem123
kem123 writes:
Report it to your local newspaper, get the word out on what is happening, If the school wont do anything about it now, they will when it makes the headlines. Keep your daughter home if you fear for her life, or you may want to consider changing schools. MAKE A NOISE! Let everyone know what is going on. Children that are bullied are at a high risk for suicide. See the following web site

Good luck

2
0