Emvie
Emvie asks:
Q:

My daughter should be a year ahead at school, how do I help her advance to her correct class

My daughter is turning 7 in January. She started Kindergarten this year and is the oldest of her peers, of whom are between the ages of 4-6. She was supposed to start kindergarten a year beforehand but I kept her back due to family complications. Academically she is at the same level as her peers in Kindergarten, but emotionally she is far more mature than them and is clashing with her friendships as all her peers are not at the same level and they have different interests. She gets frustrated that they don't understand her and has trouble fitting in. She gets along far better with children her own age or older, and I am just concerned that her learning may suffer if she is not enjoying her friendships at school. How do I help her advance her academics so I can ask her to move up a grade to be with children more at her maturity level? I have spoken to teachers and am having trouble getting them to understand.

|