worriedmomNOLA
worriedmomN... asks:
Q:

How to deal with bullying when the school is not doing their part?

My 9 year old son has been being bullied by the same group of kids since last school year, I have spoken with school administration who assure me they are taking the necessary steps to end this.  The bullying ceased for awhile but has recently gotten worse and has gotten to the point of my son being threatened with his life.  I have notified the local authorities who intervened but am up against the battle of my life with the school board and school administration and could use all the advice I can get.

|
Skyflowers101
Skyflowers101 , Student writes:
Hi i'm a student myself i'v been bullied a few times but nothing really major.What i would do is if it's really that bad take you're son to a better school.When schools dont do there part there most likely afraid of geting into trouble with the parents or the school itself dosnt really care and dosnt know what to do if you really need to keep you're son in the same school talk to the parets of the bullies if the parents are not coropertive then you may want to sue someone but i dont think it will go that far.

0
1
worriedmother
worriedmother writes:
just keep doing what your doing dont give up

0
1
dhivaharan
dhivaharan writes:
ya you can take your battle on the school board

0
1
solutionsforbullying
solutionsfo... writes:
This happens in some cases and is incredibly frustrating.  First, request firmly that a meeting with the superintendent, head of the school board, principal and counselor be arranged immediately. Copy the following on the email request: head of police and head of your local newspaper.

If that does not work, have a friend or a friend of a friend that is an attorney, send a very polite and respectful email to the superintendent and principal indicating that we "really need to sit down and have a good talk about viable solutions. "we are really looking for your insights and assistance and are looking to get this solved quickly." Sign the request from you or the attorney with " I am looking foward to collaborating to solve this very serious issue."

Also, please visit our site, solutionsforbullying.com. We have a tiplist for parents as well as a "family contract" you can download.  The contract is designed to force the bully and his family to cease and desist. This can be executed by the school or a member of law enforcement.

Always be polite, respectful and kind, yet incredibly clear and direct with your requests.  Make certain every request has a deadline and let them know you are appreciative, but you are not going away.

Please contact us at solutionsforbullying@gmail.com, if you need further help.

Best,
Marie and Jacqui

0
1
poiuytrewq
poiuytrewq writes:
I was in first grade when i first delt with a bully. my principle thought i was lying. but i wasn't. I talked to my parents and they had me trade schools. if you son doesn't want to leave his school then maybe you can talk to the bullies parents. i am not telling you what to do i just want to make it clear that you shouldn't get involved with the law, unless it is very bad.

1
0