wondergirl
wondergirl asks:
Q:

How to deal with an emotional abuse by a teacher in Private School?

My daughter attends 7th grade in a Private School. The English teacher they have is also the Dean of English department and the Assistant Principal at the same time. The problem with this teacher is that she doesn't have a teacher license and most important no teaching experience! Our 6th grade was her 1st year of teaching! Due to lack of experience she cannot tolerate the majority of the class,as she simply doesn't know how and selectively chooses to teach only those who can educate themselves. She transferred so far 4 students to a different class, and now plans to transfer 6 more. She discriminates those who she doesn't like by lowering their grades, ignoring them when they work in class- she asks only those who she likes, and constantly tells the class that they are disrespectful students, and those who don't respect her will not be in this class. 60% of the class went down from 100s to 70s in her subject, yet scoring 90-100 in all others. She constantly makes comments that most of the kids don't belong in this class because they don't have enough IQ. My daughter became depressed over time, as she feels she is worthless and even the thoughts of suicide have crossed her mind! I spoke with other parents and we addressed this issue with the teacher and the principal, but they are related and nothing was done to improve the situation. What can be done in this situation, other then to leave this school? Do any education organizations have control over Private  school? I'm lost
In Topics: My Relationship with my child's school, Bullying and teasing

|

AnnieFox

You are paying tuition for your daughter to attend this school. That gives you much more power that parents whose kids attend public school. If you haven't already spoken with the Head of the School about this situation, what are you waiting for? If you have spoken to the Head and are not satisfied with the results, then you have a choice to make. Either you decide that the overall benefits your daughter receives from being a student at this school outweigh the negative experience she's having with this one English teacher OR they don't. If they don't then I suggest you start looking for another school.

0
0