lovelife4eva
lovelife4eva asks:
Q:

How do you deal with lossing a family member you were very close to?

I am a fifteen year old girl and it is very hard for me to deal with this. Espicially knowing that she killed herself and I try to be strong espicially for my mom but seeing her cry and the rest of my family it is just really hard. Any advice?
In Topics: Teen issues

|

We are so sorry to hear that one of your family members committed suicide. It must be very difficult for everyone who loved her. When someone commits suicide, the surviving loved ones are left behind with many questions and they may have feelings of helplessness. Sometimes people who were close to the person who died may even have suicidal thoughts themselves.

It's great that you are reaching out and want to talk about this. You may even try starting a journal to write about your thoughts and feelings when there is no one close by to talk with. Take good care of yourself by eating well and getting enough sleep. Don't isolate yourself from others and stay focused on school and other activities.

If you find yourself having suicidal thoughts, please reach out for help and talk to someone such as a counselor or a teacher. You can also call or e-mail our hotline and speak with a counselor at any time about any issue. We also have a website for teenagers which has journal pages and some very cool stuff for teens: www.yourlifeyourvoice.org

Thanks again for reaching out.  Take care and best wishes to you and your family. We hope to hear from you soon!

Cynthia, Counselor
1-800-448-3000
hotline@boystown.org
3
0

jessie205
jessie205 writes:
When I was 15 I lost a really close friend she was in a bad car accident and was killed because of a girl driving that was drunk and drugged up but she got away with all of it. I started writing a journal and writing down things that I was thinking about and I would write things down and then I'd write down why I felt that way, it helps somewhat because no one has to no about what you write and maybe you can talk to your mother and it may even help her to have someone to open up to about it also, you should ask her if ya'll can talk just you and her then tell her what your concerns are and you don't no how to deal with it and maybe it'll help both of you to talk about it to. Also get you a notebook and start you a journal about these things and everytime you feel sad or depressed about it or anything just get it out and start writing and you will fell better, it's like having a great friend to talk to but only you no what's going on and good luck because it took me a long time to get over it and til this day I still think about her and what happen and even see the one that caused the wreck that she got killed in it's not ever easy dealing with things like this but it's harder trying it alone so please just talk to your mom or try writing it down

0
0