shanece
shanece asks:
Q:

How do  I deal with rude boys and rude teachers?

I have a teacher who says my name wrong then she says it is my fault for answering to that name. the boys ask me nasty and disrespectful questions.

|

Hi Shanece,

It could be that your teacher is joking with you when she says it's your fault for answering her when she mispronounces your name. She could be using sarcasm which is coming across rudely, especially if she said this in front of other students. Does she prefer you not answer her at all? It sounds kind of confusing. You may take notice if she does this same thing to other students. It could just be part of her personality.

When boys ask you nasty and disrespectful questions, simply do not answer them! If you truly want them to leave you alone, look them in the eye and tell them to stop and to get lost. Distance yourself from them as much as possible. If the boys sense that you are afraid they may continue to bother you. If you seem self assured and confident they may leave you alone. If the situation gets worse or if you feel threatened, please talk to a teacher or to your school counselor.

If you would like to talk with a counselor about this, please call or e-mail our Hotline. Our counselors are here 24/7 to help teenagers who are going through many different issues. Take care, and best wishes to you!

Cynthia, Counselor
1-800-448-3000
hotline@boystown.org
0
0