cazi03
cazi03 asks:
Q:

How do I deal with a rude, dominating, drama queen friend of my teenager?

My teenager is friends with this girl who is really dominating and rude and the biggest drama queen. My daughter is friends with her because she is a follower and her other friends are friends with her. Recently this friend was rude to me, I won't play her game. How do encourage my daughter not to be friends with her.
In Topics: Teen issues, Friendships and peer relationships, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

How does your daugther feel about her friend's behavior? If she is uncomfortable with her friend's behavior, this may indicate that she continues with the friendship to be with others.

As the parent of a teen, you need to be thoughtful-- If you tell your daughter not to see this friend, your daughter will more than likely continue to see her.

Listen to your daugther and her concerns. Express that you expect better behavior from her friend in your home. If her friend is rude to you (or anyone else), she is not welcomed. Be specific about your expectations. If your daughter cannot ask her friend to behave better than she needs to make a choice on whether she should be invited as a guest.

Read Queen Bees and Wannabees, by Rosalind Wiseman. Excellent book for parents on helping theri daughters deal with girl issues in adolescence.
1
0

For one week, dress up like a hippy and demonstrate a rude, arrogant personality. I know this may be hard. But really YOU play the part of your daughter. You must maintain composure while doing this (don't laugh) and when she is begging for her loving mom back, then you may want to make a deal... only if your loving daughter returns :) Hope this helps!

1
1
Anonymous