dothan
dothan asks:
Q:

How can I deal with a teacher who is fails to meet my child's needs?

When my grandson was in Kindegarten he excelled in all areas.  He loved to read and was very interested in learning everything.  He asks lots of questions, which I feel is a good sign.  This year,  he is in first grade and when he asks his teacher to please repeat or re-explain. she states, I've already told you once, you need to figure it out.  As a result, he is withdrawn and states, his teacher is rude to him,  and I know that he is now too embarrassed to ask any more questions. My daughter is not comfortable with this situation, but is attempting to make up for this as a home advocate, as her one conversation with the teacher did not go well.   I believe my daughter should have a meeting with the teacher and her principle/superintendent.  As a facilitator of all age groups you must meet the needs of your audience and adjust accordingly.  My other feeling is that this teacher may need more education/experience as she is a first year educator.  Your thoughts and recommendations?
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s)

|

rkaiulani
rkaiulani writes:
I think that you have the right idea - it's clear that your grandson's teacher is inexperienced with dealing with kids and also with communicating with parents. Here is an entire section about communicating positively with your child's teacher, as well as a good article about communicating with kindergarten teachers (I think it is still relevant, even though in this case it is a 1st Grade teacher).

0
0