ANGIESADOG
ANGIESADOG asks:
Q:

I AM DISABLED, RETIRED POLICE OFFICER COLLECTING A HALF PENSION AND SOCIAL SECURITY. MY WIFE IS A TEACHER. MY SON IS GOING TO COLLEGE CAN HE GET AID

CAN MY SON RECEIVE AID FOR COLLEGE BEING THAT I AM DISABLED

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_...

|
Ssolomon79
Ssolomon79 writes:
I graduated from college last year and had to wait until I was 23 to apply for student loans because my parents had a high income. I am sure that there are counselors at your son's high school who have information.

There are also scholarships available and grants. I would look at FAFSA page for more information. I believe that you and your wife do not earn too much and that your son should qualify for loans before age 23. There may also be some type of loan or grant for children of police officers. I wish you and your family luck and that your son has a fulfilling college education.

Sarah

1
0
LouiseSattler , Child Professional writes:
Hello-

I believe that your son's guidance counselor should be able to answer this question. Also, the state police agencies may be able to assist. Often there are niche scholarships for families, like yours.

Louise Sattler,
Owner of SIGNING FAMILIES
Psychologist

0
0