brelandbeth
brelandbeth asks:
Q:

What should I do?  A boy pushed my daughter into the boys bathroom at school!

trying to find help .....my 11 year old daughter tells my that she was pushed into the boys bathroom at school and the boy gets 2 days out of school.....come to find out he has done the same thing to 5 other girls
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), Bullying and teasing

|

I'm sure you and your daughter are frustrated and disturbed by how she's been treated at school.  I'm guessing that what happened to her is upsetting and embarassing. The most important thing you can do to stop this boy from doing this to other girls at school is to notify the school continually of any new information you have about his behaviors.  The more documentation they have regarding what he is doing the more severe the punishment may be for each time he does this.  

In addition to discussing this with the principal you may want to write out your concerns and send a copy to the principal as a follow-up to your conversation with him/her.      

As long as you feel that this is continuing to occur keep this issue at the forefront of the minds of the administration and ask that this issue be addressed.

1-800-448-3000                                  

0
0

Developmentalist
Development... writes:
You might start by checking out the many articles we have on school bullying (http://www.education.com/reference/topic/TeenYears_MiddleYears_Bullying/). &nbsp;Another quick tip: &nbsp;as parents we need to be advocates for our children. &nbsp;Every parent should know their school's policy on bullying and encourage that it is followed. &nbsp;Last week I was talking to a friend who told me about a similar incident at the Elementary School her kids attend. &nbsp;When the incident happened, the school principal took immediate action and reminded the entire school community that the school has a no tolerance for bullying philosophy. &nbsp;The principal notified all the teachers and parents. &nbsp;And the very next day made an announcement over the intercom system to all classrooms that this kind of behavior is unacceptable and that all members of the school community (students, teachers, parents, and administrators) must take an active role in preventing the many forms of bullying. &nbsp;This is one example of how a school administration handled an issue. I encourage you to know your school's bullying policy and work with your school to ensure it is upheld.<br />

0
0