anghun
anghun asks:
Q:

What doctors and schools are there for Aspergers kids in the Pittsburgh area?

Hi, my name is angie and i have a 5yr old nephew who has aspergers.  i am searching for as much information i can get since this is a new thing to me.  We are from pittsburgh and the "doctor to see" in this area has a one year waiting list (dr. faber) is anyone fom this area who has been treated by dr. faber - we are told it is worth the wait but i would like to hear from someone who knows. I would also like to know about schools ? which are the best suited ? who has children in any of the schools in pittsburgh??? thanks!! desperate for information......
In Topics: Autism & Aspergers Syndrome

|

In addition to the information below, please feel free to peruse the websites I have listed below.  They too have information regarding Autism and services/resources.

Owner of Signing Families
http://www.SigningFamilies.com
0
0

kellysfinn
kellysfinn , Parent writes:

The Autism Society of America has a great resource directory for specialists, docotors, and schools that you might want to check out.

Hope this helps,
Kelly

1
0
fatih99
fatih99 writes:
Dr. Faber is worth the wait.  In the mean time you might see if they can just email you a list of resources to read.  He has very good insight to these children.  Also, I went to a chiropracter in wexford who had 2 children he helped himself... have to find his name... think it was Pompa.... he runs test also and has hands on experience.     My daughter just started banksville school today.... lots of people want that school for kids on the spectrum, but must be in the feeder area or there is a waiting list.  there are other areas that are not public schools, I have not checked into those yet.

0
0