TristaLoe
TristaLoe asks:
Q:

Why is education so important in today's society and to employers?

I ask this question because I am currently in college and for a final essay paper I chose the topic of education. I am writing about why education is important in today's society and for finding a job. I am trying to find some research to back up my entail theory's and I figured this would be the best place to start. I have already of course searched for material using this question but I can't seem to find any that fits my needs. So I guess what I am saying is what links to information would you suggest to help me back up my paper of why education is important.
In Topics: Jobs/Careers

|

Besides looking for internet information on why education is important you may want to consider interviewing a few educators in person. Think about speaking with local educators at different levels to get their opinions on why it's important for kids and teens to get the proper education. Try speaking with someone that has been in the field for a many years to get a perspective on how the importance of education has changed over the years. For example, 30 years ago it may have been acceptable to seek a job with only a high school education, but now it seems like a college education is the least amount of education one must have.

Good luck and happy interviewing!

1-800-448-3000

2
3

Hi TristaLoe,

Here is an article on Education.com that has some statistics and information that could be relevant to your research paper...

Are High Schools Failing Their Students?
http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_High_Schools_Failing/

One particularly relevant factoid within it:
"Sixty-seven percent of new jobs in the market today require some postsecondary education (Achieve Inc., 2006)."

Here's another article you might review...

A Nation at Risk: 25 Years On
http://www.education.com/magazine/article/a_nation_at_risk/

There's plenty more articles like the above in the information centers I've linked below. Good luck in your research.

1
1
HeatherPeterson124
HeatherPete... writes:
Education is on field that will never ever perish because of the importance it holds. When we acquire education, either inside or outside the four corners of the classroom, we become more aware of things. Many people are now taking doctorate in education to continue learning.

0
0
elfig3986
elfig3986 writes:
Many today will argue that education today is "too" expensive and not necessary.  To them I will reply with a sticker that I saw stating "If you think education is expensive-try ignorance!"- Specifically today, education is a must!  No longer is a high school degree or even a Bachelor's degree sufficient to keep you afloat in today's job market.  However, not just for the financial reason, knowing about what is going on is essential- politics, laws, you name it- we need to be educated so we are not just pawns of society!

0
0
isabel18
isabel18 , Student writes:
The basic reason why education is important in today’s society is simply that now the criteria for the hiring of employees has changed. Companies or employers hire those individuals who have a strong and credible academic career and hold degrees from the worthy educational institutes so that they can utilize all their knowledge and sources in their organization and are able to give maximum gain to their companies and also to the employee as well because he or she would be putting in all his effort to provide maximum benefit to the company from his quality academic career. So it is really necessary for a person to have a strong academic career which will make his resume look appealing to the employer.

1
0