TristaLoe
TristaLoe asks:
Q:

Why is education so important in today's society and to employers?

I ask this question because I am currently in college and for a final essay paper I chose the topic of education. I am writing about why education is important in today's society and for finding a job. I am trying to find some research to back up my entail theory's and I figured this would be the best place to start. I have already of course searched for material using this question but I can't seem to find any that fits my needs. So I guess what I am saying is what links to information would you suggest to help me back up my paper of why education is important.
In Topics: Jobs/Careers

|

Besides looking for internet information on why education is important you may want to consider interviewing a few educators in person. Think about speaking with local educators at different levels to get their opinions on why it's important for kids and teens to get the proper education. Try speaking with someone that has been in the field for a many years to get a perspective on how the importance of education has changed over the years. For example, 30 years ago it may have been acceptable to seek a job with only a high school education, but now it seems like a college education is the least amount of education one must have.

Good luck and happy interviewing!

1-800-448-3000

2
3

Hi TristaLoe,

Here is an article on Education.com that has some statistics and information that could be relevant to your research paper...

Are High Schools Failing Their Students?
http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_High_Schools_Failing/

One particularly relevant factoid within it:
"Sixty-seven percent of new jobs in the market today require some postsecondary education (Achieve Inc., 2006)."

Here's another article you might review...

A Nation at Risk: 25 Years On
http://www.education.com/magazine/article/a_nation_at_risk/

There's plenty more articles like the above in the information centers I've linked below. Good luck in your research.

1
1
HeatherPeterson124
HeatherPete... writes:
Education is on field that will never ever perish because of the importance it holds. When we acquire education, either inside or outside the four corners of the classroom, we become more aware of things. Many people are now taking doctorate in education to continue learning.

0
0
elfig3986
elfig3986 writes:
Many today will argue that education today is "too" expensive and not necessary.  To them I will reply with a sticker that I saw stating "If you think education is expensive-try ignorance!"- Specifically today, education is a must!  No longer is a high school degree or even a Bachelor's degree sufficient to keep you afloat in today's job market.  However, not just for the financial reason, knowing about what is going on is essential- politics, laws, you name it- we need to be educated so we are not just pawns of society!

0
0
isabel18
isabel18 , Student writes:
The basic reason why education is important in today’s society is simply that now the criteria for the hiring of employees has changed. Companies or employers hire those individuals who have a strong and credible academic career and hold degrees from the worthy educational institutes so that they can utilize all their knowledge and sources in their organization and are able to give maximum gain to their companies and also to the employee as well because he or she would be putting in all his effort to provide maximum benefit to the company from his quality academic career. So it is really necessary for a person to have a strong academic career which will make his resume look appealing to the employer.

1
0
c.ayo
c.ayo writes:
education is very important to this life because it is a door to success.by Christian prosper.

0
0
mahb
mahb writes:
education is important for society because e-is knowledge we read many book. we give book information.education give specially poor people.

0
0
MoonWriter
MoonWriter writes:
Without knowledge life is just a set of experiences that we cannot decipher or avoid. We keep getting affected (hurt or happy).
Education helps to access the source of knowledge(with minimal adulteration). Once knowledge starts to trickle, mind does its own deciphering pertaining to what is right and what is wrong. This helps to define the terms and important things in life for someone.

0
0
SarahArbogast
SarahArbogast writes:
Education is more essential for every person around the world. As we all know education is the main key to build a bright future. Really it is part & parcel of life. Also, you can find different sites where you can get best suggestions about necessity of education.

0
0
theresawoodrum
theresawood... writes:
Education plays an important role in life.It transforms a person to live a better life and even in social well being.Education is one that doing something constructive in our near future and helps to show an individual ‘s best by their mind and spirit.Knowledge is gained from all aspects through education and it has a vital role in the success of personal growth.Educated status helps for earning a professional degree to become a part of reputed organizations.

0
0
NaomiStalenberg
NaomiStalen... writes:
There are a great deal of things on your resume that they don't oblige you to report, however take you at your oath that you're coming clean. On the off chance that you lie on your resume about your training, background or different capabilities, it's liable to wind up apparent in the meeting that you're not also suited to the occupation as you looked on paper. On uncommon events, you do know about somebody becoming lost despite a general sense of vigilance by lying around a degree they never wrapped up. They're instantly terminated and afterward HR organizations another approach to require a transcript at the season of contract.

0
0
john18967
john18967 writes:
Why School? addresses American public education in a humanizing, refreshing manner. Mike Rose candidly acknowledges the flaws and difficulties of our education system, and offers meaningful insight into how we need to address these challenges to reform the system. Through a collection of short but compelling essays, Mike Rose discusses a number of important topics, such as education policy, the role of business in education, the workplace, standards, and remediation. His discussion of these topics provide a much-needed narrative for why we educate--one that moves beyond the language of standards and accountability, and instead progresses toward one that appreciates the intellectual value of students and encourages their social and civic growth and development. This book makes a powerful contribution to education literature, but is suited for educators and non-educators alike. It provides a revitalizing vision for education in a democracy.

0
0
milu123
milu123 writes:

0
0
vijay43
vijay43 writes:

0
0
mehulmulye555
mehulmulye555 writes:
yes it is so important in today's society.

0
0