MommyP
MommyP asks:
Q:

Are there any experts on Aspergers syndrome in the Morris County, NJ area?

I have an 11 year old son with Asperger's. Going through puberity, is becoming increasing difficult.
He has yet to establish any type of buddy friendship. He is social with his little brother who is 5 years younger. I want to be able to help him transition to middleschool.
In Topics: Autism & Aspergers Syndrome

|

Thank you for writing to JustAsk.  There are several support groups for ASD/ASperger's in the northern New Jersey and New York area.  These groups are designed to help parents with children of all ages, including those that are entering their preteen and teen years.

Also, ask your local school district and library to recommend support groups and social networks.  They are often an excellent source for information.  In the meantime I have listed some excellent resources for you below.

Thanks for writing.

Owner of Signing Families
http://www.SigningFamilies.com
2
1

Wayne Yankus writes:
Richard Lander, MD, FAAP (pediatrician) and Mark Faber, MD (child and adolescent psychiatrist).

2
0
Neala
Neala writes:
HI...I own a children's therapy center in Morris Plains, NJ. We offer speech, OT, PT, social skills groups and training for doctors, teachers and parents. Feel free to look at our web site and give us a call if you have any questions. Looking forward to speaking with you, soon.
Neala

2
0
Neala
Neala writes:
For some reason our web site didn't show up...it's
www.ChildWorksTherapyCenter.com

Thank you.

1
0
Broiler
Broiler writes:
I also am a mom with a 13 year old with Asperger's. Who is struggling through 8th grade. And am looking to get him study help on the side.
You are not alone. He also has a little brother 5 years younger that is his buddy. I live in Morris County

1
0
KPompilio
KPompilio writes:
Hello, my daughter has Aspberger's and she is also struggling socially. She knows she is different from some other kids and her self-esteem is suffering. We live in Oak Ridge (Morris County). I am trying to start a play group for kids with Aspberger's so she sees that she is not the only one. If you are interested, email me at karenpompilio@yahoo.com.

0
0