jdipreta
jdipreta asks:
Q:

Explain why you cannot compute the mean number of wage earners per home

The department of Commerce reported the following infomration on the number of wage earners in more than 56 million American homes

|
This is a good question and a tough one to answer.  I researched this topic and was unable to find "good" information anywhere.

It seems to me that it shouldn't be a problem to determine how many wage earners are in a household.  We all file are taxes and provide this information each year, so unless, someone "dropped the ball" they do have this information.  As to rather or not they want to report it at this time may be more of the issue, due to many, many people have lost their jobs due to lack of work.  It's more likely they just don't want to give a realistic number of households that DO NOT have a proper means of providing for themselves at this time.  

Sorry that this isn't much help, but I'm sure by your question that you realize that they do have these figures and are not reporting them.  It would also be interesting to see how many wage earners are working but without insurance benefits.  That would be another shocking number.

0
0

0
0