girlyQ
girlyQ asks:
Q:

Are two extremes and two wrongs the same thing?

I am doing Jr. English summer homework and came across the rhetorical fallacy "two extremes." In looking for the definition, all I could find was "two wrongs" or "two wrongs make a right." So are they the same thing? And if not, what is "two extremes?"
Member Added on Aug 12, 2011
Thank you Mella1! But how would this apply in a rhetorical fallacy? Examples are more than welcome!

Also, while on the subject, in the same homework under "words of argument" I have the word "testimonial." I know what a testimony is, but in relation to argument tactics, certain words have different meanings and applications. So any help on this would be appreciated as well!

|

Mella1
Mella1 writes:
No girlyQ...the phrase two wrongs make a right basically means that if someone does something wrong to you and you turn around and do something wrong to them because the made you angry (or hurt your feelings)...that your behavior is wrong. You can never fix a wrong situation by doing more wrong.

Two extremes means that 2 different things are as far as East is from West. A person may be Pro-life or Pro-Choice...another analogy would be water...the two extremes of water could be boiling hot and frozen solid.

1
0