MommyB
MommyB asks:
Q:

What are your favorite TV shows for toddlers or preschoolers?

My 3 year-old is getting more and more interested in TV by the day! While I'm not a big fan of plopping her in front of the television, I know that I can't always say no. Does anyone have any recommendations for toddler or preschool TV shows that have some educational value? Thanks!
In Topics: Preschool, Children and screen entertainment (TV & movies)

|

ChildSpeechLanguage

Although parents don't want their children watching too much TV, most
children watch some. There are many TV shows that toddlers and
preschoolers may not only enjoy, but may learn something as well.

Many shows such as Sesame Street, Play With Me Sesame, The Wiggles,
Dora, Go Diego Go, and Blues Clues are entertaining, but also teach
concepts such as manners, numbers, letters, colors, animals, music,
and other languages such as Spanish.  

Through such television programs, your child may very well love the characters and stories, and at the same time have fun learning.

5
0

Best Answer!

MommyB,

Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat, the classic children's book, was recently spun into a brand-new television show called The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! It airs in September on PBS Kids. The show focuses on making fun science discoveries so it packs major educational value, and it does so with the age-old favorite Cat in the Hat characters!

Education.com has created an entertaining portal that explores Dr. Seuss and The Cat in the Hat through fun coloring pages, worksheets, and activities. It's a great way to bridge the gap that often exists between television and learning.

Check it out!
3
0

BigSis
BigSis writes:

4
0
All of the previous suggestions are great. I'd also like to add another show that is good for preschoolers (and the adults supervising their screentime): The Upside Down Show. It is focused on imaginative play, and encourages creative thinking, moving around and engaging with the stories/characters, rather than passive viewing. My eight-year-old still loves it! Every time she watches it, she ends up continuing to play for another hour or so afterward. I enjoy the show too (it's very funny). You'll see on their Facebook fan page that there are many families that find it wonderful. Enjoy!

1
0
canpanita
canpanita writes:
the kids+family chanal is very informative.it shows the children what they need to do inorder to succeed in life. it also teaches them about nutrition. i cant get my toddler out of that show. if you live in CA the actual chanel is 28.2 on reguler tv on cable i dont  know. hope this is helpful.

1
1
demontelove
demontelove writes:
my favorite TV show is sponge bob

1
0
demontelove
demontelove writes:
wonder pets

0
0
Anonymous