jlick93
jlick93 asks:
Q:

Why do my feet stink all the time? Im seventeen years old and this is getting old.... its not my feet but more or less my shoes how do i prevent it?

In Topics: Physical Health, Teen issues

|

Dear Jlick:

Sweat is actually odorless, but when it mixes with body germs, it produces an odor.  The trick with feet is shower, clean socks, change shoes often, spray Lysol into your shoes occasionally, and there are products over the counter in pharmacies that will help  reduce the sweat production. Speak with your doctor or podiatrist about this issue and best wishes.

0
0

laurenf
laurenf writes:

There are several products you can use for both your feet and shoes. I'd recommend either sprays, insoles or "odor eating balls" to try and remove the smell from your shoes. Also, maybe you can make sure your shoes are well ventilated when not being worn, and aren't wet.

Try searching for "Foot odor" on amazon for some relevant products (including the sprays, insoles, and balls as well as powders and other things like that.)

1
0
pigtoria
pigtoria writes:
Hi Jlick93â¦..

I used to have a similar problem like yours and it was really embarrassing when I go to friendsâ house and they ask me to take my shoes.  The minute I take off my shoes, the stench starts to spread and it gets pretty stinky.  Going shoe shopping is always an issue as well.  Therefore, whenever I need to buy some shoes, I make sure that is the first thing I do when I leave the house so that my feet donât stink as much by the time I got to the shoe stores.

My feet are much better now â what worked for me?  I realized that there were two things that made my feet stink: one is that my feet sweat a lot.  So I need to be mindful to buy and wear thick socks.  Two is that shoes that have more man-made materials tend to make my feet stinks more.  So if I am wearing panty hose, I need to put on all natural leather shoes.  And if I am wearing shoes that are made of plastic or rubbers, I need to put on a thick pair of socks.

The spray and power disinfects and deodorant for the shoes and feet did not work too well for me.  It took away the stinky and sweaty smell but it also introduced other smell.

Vicki

1
0