ChestyBonFisto
ChestyBonFi... asks:
Q:

Should I file assault charges against a girl in my school?

I was on my way home from school on the bus talking with my friend when a girl overheard my conversation and I guess, took it the wrong way. She threw a full water bottle at my face and on the way home I actually wiped blood from my nose. I barely know this girl in any other way than the annoying loud-mouth bully on my bus who does whatever she wants and never gets in trouble compared to her I'm younger and shorter. I'm now faced with the option of letting my school handle it or filing child-on-child assault charges. What should I do?

|

Report it to the school.  You deserve to feel safe both at school and on the school bus.  If it happens again, report it to the bus driver at the time as well.  It sounds like this is not the first time this girl has bullied.  Talk to others on the bus who have been "vicitims" of hers encourage them to report each incident to the prinicipal's office.  Stick up for each other as well.  Bullies love to get attention.  They want their friends to laugh with them.  If instead, they see others walking away from them and siding with the person who is getting picked on, they might think again before doing it.

If you feel like your school plays it down and simply tells you to stay away from this girl, it might be time to get your parents involved to advocate for you.  Hang in there.  Bullies stink.  If you don't get the school's support.  You could discuss an assault charge with your parents.  This girl used at item to hit you, and caused physical damage.  It very well might be considered an assault.

Laura - Crisis Counselor
0
0

toasttoasttoasty
toasttoastt... writes:
First, I would tell a trusted adult and then If the harassment continues, take it to the principal. If THEY don't do anything, then I'd file a police report so it's on record against her. Sorry to hear about your bloody nose. I hope all is well. :)

0
0