J9tiburon
J9tiburon asks:
Q:

How to find a non-profit Student Advocate on Long Island?

My 5 yr. old daughter was declassified this past May & placed in a non-inclusion Kindergarten for September 2010. She was going to O.T. twice a week for 1 hour during the school year of 2009 & had a social-worker in her Pre-k class twice a week for 1hr. each day. Her teacher now has mentioned that a school psychologist has shadowed our daughter a few times in the classroom setting & started the process of having services provided for her without our permission or knowledge.  How can we make sure our daughter has the correct special services & what are our rights for knowing what our daughter has already been subjected to? It has been suggested to us that we find a non-profit student advocate, where can we find one?
In Topics: School and Academics, Working with my child's teacher(s), Special education

|

Totaltutor
Totaltutor writes:
I will search for one for you.  I will send Dr. Miller's information.  She works with special needs students in LA.  I had her as a guest on the Total Education Hour.  It airs Friday's at 4:30 at www.wrct.org.

0
0
Anonymous