escaper
escaper asks:
Q:

What should I do if my fourteen year old sister is having sex? I haven't told my parents. Should I tell them?

My little sister is trying to grow up to fast. She goes to parties, she has a boyfriend a year older then her, and she just received a puppy as a present from this boy. I'm not sure on what i should do. My little sister is doing everything way to fast. She stays up all night talking on the phone, and I'm tired of the puppy. Nobody wants to take care of it. It poops and pees everywhere and my sister is always out of the house. Alone without adult super vision. My parents believe it or not do not know what is going on. They let this boy come over the house because they think he is her friend. My sister has them blindfolded.
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family, Teen sexuality and dating

|

Sounds like your sister might be heading into trouble.  Having sex, like doing anything else, has consequences.  If your sister is not ready or willing to deal with those consequences, she must stop having sex or protect herself.  

Talk to her, and ask her if she is ready to be a mom needing to support her child.  Ask her if she wants to catch a venereal disease that can make her sterile and unable to have children in the future, or may even put her life in danger (HIV/AIDS).

Ask her to talk to the mom about getting birth control and urge her to use condoms EVERY time she has sex.  Of course, in the perfect world, abstinence is the perfect solution, but it might be too late for a person who's already sexually active.  If your sister bluntly refuses to talk to her parents, you may need to help your parents to understand your sister's behaviors a little better before it is too late.    

3
4

ash221
ash221 writes:
the most inportant thing you can do is try to convince your parents shes got them blindfolded.i mean like take a pic of her and her bf kissing or summthin like record her voice you c i had to do that with my brother and it worked.

3
1
BigSis
BigSis writes:
Definitely tell your parents! Since your sister has them "blindfolded" make sure to provide evidence when you tell them. I'm glad that you care about your sister to know that she needs help. Hopefully your parents will be able to realize what is going on and will be able to step in and steer her back into the right direction. Good luck!

1
0
Hanith
Hanith writes:
Oh goodness, what a thing to have to disclose to your parents!

Perhaps speak to a teacher and get her/him to sit your parents down.
If they tend to turn a blind eye to what she is doing then it probably is better they get the news from a more neutral source. You could even asked your teacher not to disclose your involvement in the intervention.

I think it's great that you are concerned about your sister esp since there are so many things that could go wrong. It is very important that your parents are aware of this and realize they are still very responsible for your sister.

Best of luck!

1
0
mahajan
mahajan writes:
yes, you must tell them

0
0
Marebear
Marebear , Student writes:
As hard as it may be, I would tell your parents. It could be difficult because as you said, your sister has them blind folded. Try and explain to them what your concerns are and what you've seen. Your sister is to young and doesn't understand the severity of her actions. You need to talk to your parents and your sister. It might be hard, but it will help.

2
0
two-bit
two-bit writes:
yes,you should tell your mom about your sister having sex.shes too young>!!!!!

1
1
smart-shamim
smart-shamim , Student writes:
of course let your mum know because the 14 years old is too early! and your mum should brings her to the birth control as fast as she can and he should show her some you tube videos about the child's birth.

0
1
smart-shamim
smart-shamim , Student writes:

0
0
Mchau1
Mchau1 writes:
Of course you should,it is bad to have sex at that age.

0
1