Kitkat2122
Kitkat2122 asks:
Q:

I think my friend is cutting.

The other day I stayed at her house and we were messing around and I grabbed her arm and I felt what felt like scabs and a bunch of them and she jerked her arm away from me and then she went a put a jacket on.. I didn't say anything to her cause I didn't want her to get mad because she is touchy on that kind of stuff. But what should I do???
In Topics: Cutting

|

When there are no distractions around you can ask your friend if she needs to talk.  You are concerned about what you felt on her arm and how she reacted.  If she doesn't want to talk just let her know that you are there for her anytime she is ready.  She may be afraid to bring it up but by opening the door and letting her know you care, she may be relieved.
Find out more information at Yourlifeyourvoice.org on cutting and self-injury.  You could also let your parents know that you are concerned and will keep them in the loop of what is going on.  
Our counselors are always available to talk with about this or any other question you might have.  Please reach out anytime.

Take care,
Boys Town National Hotline Counselor
1-800-448-3000

0
0

anonymousa
anonymousa writes:
Keep it to yourself. I recommend not telling your parents until you know for sure. Keep acting like her friend, and just casually ask in a way such as "Hey [friend's name], what are those? *maybe add a laugh?* Did you scratch yourself too hard?" If she doesn't answer, or diverts the conversation, let her. She doesn't wanna talk then don't push. If you find her tools, then I recommend telling a parent.

0
0
genermcmillan
genermcmillan writes:
Dear keep it secret until you get the full proof.

0
0