Anonymous
Q:

My friend thinks I'm lying to him when I say I'm busy and cannot meet him at a certain time. I work two jobs and have school. How do I deal with him?

I'm a senior in the middle of college applications and am working to help support my family and future financially. I'm also the only female first-generation college applicant from my family, so the pressure is tremendous. Sometimes he wants to meet and I am busy at that time, and if all of a sudden, I meet up with someone else, he'll guilt-trip me. This is emotionally draining because he's a good friend, and I don't know what to do. I want to meet him, but it doesn't always work out like he wants to. He keeps track of everyone I hang out with in absence of him. And keeps calling me, and then shows up at my house if I don't return them.
In Topics: Getting ready for college, Friendships and peer relationships

|

Houli

First of all, you should not feel guilty if you cannot meet him due to your schedule.  If he is applying lots of pressure and you are struggling to meet his needs, I suggest you examine this relationship very carefully.

It is your life and choices- use your intuition and self-confidence to do what you must do to be successful.

0
0