schoolprograms
schoolprogr... asks:
Q:

I'm frustrated that my school only offers half day kindergarten.

Hi everyone,
I want to find out how does other parents out there handle the situation that the public school system (in california) only offer half day (3.5hrs) kindergaten programs? What does a child able to learn in those short hours and what do they expect a two working-parents household to care the child the rest of the day?  Thank you for letting me share my frustration.  Any response will be helpful.  

Li
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness

|

Hi Li,

Figuring out great childcare is so stressful isn't it?  When you don't have great coverage it makes it really hard to focus on work or anything else!

I have a kindergartener in California too but we have full day.  However, I think most schools here have afterschool programs that are affordable for working parents if you don't have family or another caregiver for the afternoons.  Maybe you could ask your principal if your school has such a program.

education.com Community Team

0
0