Q:

How to be a good teacher? How to overcome shyness in speaking to an audience?

"...I feel shy while speaking in audience. Please give me some information about how to be a good teacher, or how to avoid different problems with students. How to treat them? I would like to know more about childrens' psychology. Thank you in advance!"

Asked by Aysel in commenting on the article, "Public Speaking 101": http://www.education.com/activity/article/Publi...
In Topics: School and Academics, Learning styles and differences, Cognitive development

|

I agree with darrclass' response.  Being yourself is the best advice.  Here are a few others to keep in mind.

Show them respect.  Just like being yourself, students know which teacher respect children and which ones just want control.  If you respect them, they will most likely respect you.

Be prepared.  Student know when you don't have things organized or you aren't sure what you are talking about.  They will take advantage of that every time.

Be fair.  If you are fair in your judgement, they will understand.  This isn't to say that they will like it, but they won't fuss or complain as much.

0
0

darrclass
darrclass , Teacher writes:
I cannot address any issues concerning children younger than 9th grade. I am a high school teacher. However, I can say that the first rule in dealing with children is to be yourself. Children pick up on 'faking it' faster than any adult- and they don't like it! If you are a little weird, act that way. If you're a nerd, be a nerd. Students respond to a genuine teacher!

0
0
Anonymous