Karenmom asks:
Q:

Does anyone have a good tried & true recipe for a cucumber sandwich?

I am planning to do the "Save Some Tea for Me, Please!" activity from education.com's website and I would like to serve cucumber sandwiches, though I've eaten them before, I do not have a recipe of my own.  When I search the net I find that there are many different ways to fix them.  If anyone has a recipe that they have tried and know to be good, I would really appreciate it.  Thank you!
In Topics: Family fun / holiday celebrations, Green living

|
rkaiulani
rkaiulani writes:
I personally love cucumber sandwiches on white bread (no crusts) with cream cheese and sprouts. Good luck!

1
0
Karenmom,

I LOVE cucumber sandwiches, and I'm a big fan of the sprouts addition from rkaiulani (definitely going to have to try that!).

My mom makes them with sweet onions, a tiny bit of mayo, and a little bit of salt (much like the recipe from Food.com that I linked to below).

Anyway, that's one other option you might like to try. Hope you enjoy! Let us know how it turns out.

Alex

1
0
Thank you so much rkaiulani & aqblickley for your help and I really appreciated the link to food. com.  We had our party this (Sunday) evening and I made 2 different cucumber sandwiches.  I liked rakaiulani's idea with the cream cheese, I didn't have any sprouts, so I mixed a little mayo with cream cheese and added a little garlic salt and dill, then chopped the cucumber and blended.  It was a really good sandwich on wheat.  Then I loved the simplicity of aqbilickley and used the recipe that you provided omitting the onions.  Also very good!  Thanks again!!

0
0
Hi rkaiulani & aqblickley,
I posted the link to the tea party activity here on education.com, I thought you may enjoy, I also extended my gratitude to you in my comments.  Thanks again for sharing your ideas with me!
Karen

0
0
Anonymous