larry2174
larry2174 asks:
Q:

Is it better to grow up near family or go to a great school?

In Sept. of 2011 my wife died very unexpectedly of a pulmonary embolism. She was 34 and left me with our son. he was seven months old at the time. He is one year old now. Being a single dad and dealing with the grief of losing my wife, I need as much help as I can get. Her mom and my parents have been there repeatedly for us. My parents and her mom both live 45-50 minutes away. My dad is retired and I am constantly having to call on him to come get my son due to sickness or the daycare is closed or what have you, because I have to work.
I miss my wife very much and it tears me up that my son will not know his mother growing up.
My parents live in the country on 40 acres and have told me repeatedly that I can move back there and build a house on their place so they could help with him all the time.
I would love to move back home and be around my family but I currently live in an area with one of the best school systems in the state. My parents live in an area with a decent school system but smaller and without the same opportunities.
My question is this, do I stay in the area I live so he can go to a better school but family is almost an hour away? Or do I move back home where he can be around family all the time but go to a smaller school?
Please help, I don't know what to do.
In Topics: Single parent families

|