saint
saint asks:
Q:

Can getting the H1N1 flu vaccine enhance motor tics in your body?

In Topics: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)

|

There is no evidence that the vaccine would enhance motor tics.  Check with your pediatrician if she has concerns about it.

0
1

nannajul
nannajul writes:
My grandaughter was given the single, non live vaccine three weeks ago, and she has developned a very frequent, noticeable seired of motor tics, including excessive long held blinking, grimacing, head jerking and eye rolling. The frequency is about eight to ten times a minute and she is totally unaware of it. She is just three years old. She is also shpoing increased levels of physical activity, basically, she cannot keep still. I think this is too much of a coincindence for anyone to rule out an association with the vaccine. There is no tic history in our family whatsoever.

1
0
agelaw
agelaw writes:
I am reading your question and I am finding extreme similiarities with my almost 8 year old son. Approx 2 weeks ago he was given the non live H1N1/Flu shot and just last night we began to notice the exact same symptoms that you described in your granddaughter. Is she better now or is this still continuing?  I sympathize for you and I am extremely concerned myself.  Any update is appreciated. THANK YOU.

1
0
concernedtexan
concernedte... writes:
My daughter received an H1N1 vaccine January 2010.  About a month later she developed motor tics in her face, (eyes, mouth, head jerk).  They have not gone away but gotten worse.  We have since seen an immunologist in CT that has treated her with IVIG.   It's been a terrible experience.

1
0