emmyjustin
emmyjustin asks:
Q:

H1N1: live vaccine or injection for 5 year old?

My daughter has the opportunity to have the live vaccine (mist).  I would rather her have the injection because of her age (5 yrs in June).  Should I take mist because it's available now or hold out and hope that I can get the injection when it is available in my area.  She has no health problems that would keep her from taking the mist.
In Topics: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)

|

Ask her pediatrician what she/he recommends.  Generally, it is prudent to immunize now with what is available since the vaccine takes two weeks to be fully effective. Given her age she will new two doses one month apart. I would get the ball rolling since the nation has so much of it now.

2
0

ladybugs5
ladybugs5 writes:
I am also curious about this question as my daughter is 5 also.  I need to decide by Wed b/c that's when I would be able to go to her Doctor to get it.  1 of my friends say no way to the live virus, but she is the only one.  I am still up in the air...

0
0