qiftei
qiftei asks:
Q:

How should I handle an application of postponing a module in my uni?

Hi there, recently my time for studying in the university have been greatly impacted due to my mom had to go back to my home country for unpredictable time (to take care of my ill grandma). Now that she has left I have been left with responsibility of taking care of my young siblings. Due to this circumstances I have drastically less time for coping with the uni work for this final year of my studies. I have decided that I would need to postpone my project module to the next academic year in order to effectively cope with this year of studies. I have contacted the authorities in my university, where I would be told that I would need to fill in an application explaining my circumstances, along with attaching evidence from third party authorities such as; GP, solicitor etc.
As I have found out the evidence is very important part of the application and usually letters from relatives are not accepted. I really don't know if telling this would convince the uni authorities enough to accept the application, and I am seeking for some advice on this matter.

|