Anonymous
Q:

How do I handle gun threat from a 8 year old to a 7 year old?

I just recently found out my 7 year old has been bullied on her bus since the first week of school. She got off the bus into my car almost in tears that day telling me she no longer wanted to attend that school or bus. I asked her why and told me there was a girl that since day 7 of the school year has been on a daily basis asking for candy if she doesn't have any with a fist in her face would beat her. The next day I went to the school and spoke to the assistant principal and my daughter explained the situation. The assistant principal said I needed to discuss this with the bus driver because the school has no authority over the bus transportation and that she would have a talk with the other girl. Therefore I picked up my daughter from school that day. I asked my daughter how it went and she told me the girl went up to her and told her that she wasn't allowed to sit or talk with her but yet hit her with her backpack.
What is bothering me now is that as my daughter was talking to my oldest daughter about school she told her that the girl in a different occasion threatened her. She told her that she had a gun in her backpack and was going to shoot her with it. My daughter said but she didn't take it out.
I am scared for my daughter and am very uncomfortable having her close to that girl. I am going to go talk to the principal first thing tomorrow. I expect them to suspend her from bus transportation and suspension. What is the protocol?
In Topics: School safety (not bullying), Bullying and teasing

|

You are doing the right thing by reporting this incident to the school principle.

You might also think about making a report with the bus company that is providing the transportation for your daughter.

You shoud also keep a record of who you spoke with and what they said to you.

If you feel that you are not getting the proper help and support from the principle then make an appointment with the supervisor attendant of your school.

1-800-448-3000

0
0

Ellabernstiene123.net
Ellabernsti... writes:
I would take your child out of that school or get that girl expelled

2
0
slvblk
slvblk writes:
Take your child out of the school. The administration obviously don't take it seriously. You don't know what that other child's home life is like, so you don't know if she can actually act out her threat. Why take the chance?

It's your child, you have to do what's in her best interests; leaving her to the wolves in a school with a lackadaisical administration doesn't seem like the best thing for her.

0
0
Saburt1
Saburt1 writes:
Take your child out of school. Homeschool her.

0
0
Cherrypie13
Cherrypie13 writes:
Tell the principal or have a talk with that kids parents. Though honestly I bet that kid does not own a gun and is just some glutenous kid who wants candy.

0
0