celticwoman asks:

how to handle a teacher that favors athletes

I'm very upset that i'm yelled at and treats me like i'm wrong if i do math in a different way. What makes me mad is when he starts bragging and saying that two of his favored students are smart and listen. I do not know alebra but i'm not helped but inored for not being athletic and it makes me mad. I'm tired of teachers only picking and favoring the athletes and those who have had alebra, but those who aren't like them are treated like they are dumb, I want to withdraw from school. I can't stand being yelled at, blamed for not knowing math and not being a athlete. the teacher says i'm wasting his time and he hates those who aren't in football, basketball, baseball, soccer, and expects me to be the same and i'm not!!!!!!!!!

BenjaminCJo... , Teacher writes:
I can feel the frustration you are having because of the situation quite clearly from your words. It's true that some teachers favor some students giving importance to their own interests and behave badly to others. From what I have learned from your situation, I can suggest one thing as to have an open talk with that teacher and make her understand how you guys are suffering out of such a wrong play. You can explain him how frustrated you are and want to get some consideration from him. You can make it as a kind request and if he is not ready to change the behavior, then you can move for the next step.

You can contact the head of the institution or student welfare board (if one persists) to expose the situation you are in. They can discuss the issue with that particular teacher and take further actions and that will surely show some kind of positive changes. It's not a good option to have all sufferings and do not act against it. Taking all his abuses will not going to change if you are not uttering at least a word against it. Have some inner courage to face it and move through right steps to get everything cleared for once and all.

I'm a sports teacher and I have dealt with many students so far, but never tried to favor any of them based on some interests. I do promote basketball among young talents and even run an NBA tickets without fees service ( ) for them to have tickets for matches at lower rates and thus keep away from money exploitation. I hope my words are going to help you a bit and look for a positive change.